Ireland’s food and agriculture sectors are supported by ongoing investment by Ireland in:
Additionally, Ireland has a strong core of businesses active in producing world-class products and services in agri-tech, machinery and know-how relevant to food production, agriculture, fisheries and forestry, as well as a legacy of providing food and agricultural science education through Universities and other colleges.
Through SFSI, Ireland’s expertise can be accessed for help in:
- formulating agricultural and food sectoral policy, strategies and programmes
- building regulatory and control systems and related institutional capability
- strengthening food safety at all stages of the supply chain
- protecting standards of animal health and welfare and expertise in veterinary services
- systems for animal identification and movement control
- traceability in the food chain
- knowledge transfer, agricultural education and extension services
- productivity and establishment of producer and farmer advisory groups
- developing and embedding sustainability programmes at primary and processor levels
- creating SME and investment support systems
- creation and marketing of national or regional brands.
- establishing and improving research and innovation in agriculture and food